Friday, October 13, 2006

Interim update...

(Originally posted 03/10/06)

Howdy all,

I have been spending a lot of my time searching for work, and last week I spent 4 days at home studying for a certification exam - which I passed on Friday (YAY!) This should make me a little more attractive, not to mention demand a higher rate of pay. I have had several responses from agencies, but nothing has come to fruition yet. I got a call about a British Telecom job this afternoon (while we were at Kensington Palace Garden) which could be interesting, and the agent seemed to think I was a good candidate.

Yesterday I headed in to Greenwich to check out the Maritime Museum. I have been extremely keen to check out the Longitude section. There are clocks there built between 1720-1750 to solve the Longitude problem that ARE STILL RUNNING TODAY! Very
impressive...

Now that we have internet at home, I will be able to upload the photos we have taken (plus wedding photos), so will send out another update once that is done.

The only bad news is I still don't have a bike...

Grant

No comments: